Skiing | Reisa National Park | Your Guide | Travel | Book
Nordic Skiing in the Wild
This is your opportunity to learn about the winter in the outdoors among new friends and wildlife.
You arrive in Nordreisa, one of few National Park Villages in Norway, in the afternoon/evening. You meet the guide and other participants, receive information about the program, and we run a check on your gear and supplies. You will also get a briefing on the tour along with some pictures and we make further practical arrangements.
We start skiing up and along the Reisa Valley. Weather permitting: We will also seek higher terrain in the area. Lunch and camp fire outdoors during the day.
You will learn about the wildlife in the Reisa National Park during the winter:
- How to tell bear and wolverine footprints from each other.
- What the excrements of an elk looks like.
- Where a hare has been chewing some branches.
- How to deal with the snow.
- How to secure your safety in the mountains wintertime.
- What type of ice you should avoid.
- What are the singing birds telling us.
- What the cracking sound of the trees are telling us.
- And other
We arrive at a cabin either in the forest or on the mountain, depending on the weather, at the end of the day. We prepare ourselves for a nice evening according to local traditions. Sauna and bathing in the snow, dinner, dessert and storytelling around the camp fire.
On the final day we return to the pick-up point back to civilization. We recapitulate the experiences we’ve had, and talk about the ski trip before a last meal. You will be driven to the bus station or airport for your journey back home.
Fotogalerie - Reisa National Park in the Winter